Coronavirus announcement:updated 5/21/2020
Church: Sunday services resume May 24th!!
Hebrews 10:25 says, Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
So as we prepare to meet together again, we want to be careful to encourage you where you are with the coronavirus situation. We want everyone to feel safe, included and ministered to. In order to do this, there are several changes as we open our doors again.
WHAT WE ARE DOING FOR YOU:
• We are sanitizing the church to the best of our ability.
• Hand sanitizer is available.
• Greeters will not seek to shake hands.
• We will not have bulletins.
• We will not pass communion or offering trays.
• Communion is a sealed wafer/juice that will be given upon entry. The person passing them out will be gloved and masked.
• Offering will be a box in the entryway.You may also give online.
• We will not have a meet and greet time during the service.
• We will not have Sunday school classes.
• We will not offer a nursery.
• There will be no children’s message.
• We are encouraging each other to social distance.
• We will live-stream our services.
WHAT WE ASK YOU TO DO:
• Masks are not required but certainly may be worn.
• Wash your hands often and well.
• Please sit together as families and keep your children with you during the service.
• Parents with children, please bring their own crayons and coloring pages to keep young ones busy. The church will not be providing these for now.
• Please sit with appropriate distance between others.
• Please respect other’s sense of appropriate distancing. (We will not ‘police’ handshaking or distancing.)
• If you are sick or have a fever, please stay home until you are well.
• If you are at risk, please stay home until you feel comfortable getting out.
• If you are concerned about getting out yet, please stay home and engage with us through the internet.
• If you are compromised by coming in contact with someone with the virus, please wait until after the proper period to attend.
We ask for patience and grace. This is new to everyone and we are learning as we go. We are simply unsure of when many of the regular church events will be able to resume. Eventually, we will get back to Sunday school, offering a nursery during worship, youth group and having a children's message.
We seek to show patience and grace as well. We plan to have the TV in the fellowship hall stream the service for an overflow area.
Therefore, this needs to be a no judgment zone. If you are not ready to get out yet, we respect that and won’t judge you for that decision. Likewise, please don’t judge the person who is ready to get back out in public. Let’s assume everyone is doing their best to handle this.
Hebrews 10:25 says, Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching. As we navigate this together, let's encourage and love each other all the more as the Day approaches.
One more thing.
If you are experiencing any kind of hardship, please contact the church and see if we can help you. We know lot's of people are having financial difficulties - or even just need to talk or get biblical advice. This shouldn't shame anyone, but point us to Jesus and His church.
Philippians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Pastor, Valley Falls Christian Church